Project EPC. Salher Designs and Installs an Industrial Water Treatment Plant for Havana Club, leader company at Cuban rum producer
Salher has custom-designed an industrial water treatment plant for the popular Cuban rum producer Havana Club International, at its factory in San José de las Lajas, a city near Havana.
The distiller is committed to progress and environmental care, being a pioneer in Cuba in the implementation of a plant with high technological level. Currently, the civil works are being carried out to install the equipment manufactured and supplied by Salher® last September. When the plant is erected, the technical staff of Salher will be the responsible for its commissioning.
On the other hand, it is important to mention that this is an EPC project. For this reason, the main challenge for the companies during the project phases (design, manufacturing, supply, installation) has been adapting the plant to the limited space available for its implementation. Thus, the final result has been a compact, robust and totally accessible plant that meets the strictest requirements demanded by the Cuban Shedding Standard.
Before the installation of this plant was considered, the Havana Club distillery sent its industrial water in tankers for its subsequent treatment by municipal wastewater plants that required a high economic costs. The new water treatment plant has been specifically designed by Salher® to meet the needs of the Cuban enterprise, which will allow pouring of clean water directly into nearby lagoons, or its reuse for cleaning works thanks to the technology of membrane bioreactors (MBR).
Salher custom designs the best wastewater treatment plant for its Cuban clients.
Havana Club rum, the main brand of Cuban rum worldwide, is an alcoholic beverage made from sugar cane through a process of fermentation and aging. For decades, Havana Club rums have been the most awarded in the country, with 27 medals won in tasting competitions for the past four years.
For its new water treatment plant, Havana Club has committed for the quality and prestige of the Spanish water engineering, of which Salher is a benchmark, for its international presence and more than 35 years of experience in design and manufacture of equipment. Salher has analyzed the most convenient treatment for Havana Club according to its volume of production, its manufacturing methods and required parameters.
The plant is equipped with all kind of hydraulic and electrical units manufactured by Salher®, such as:
- Two tanks for wastewater storage with the capacity of 120m3 and 60 m3.
- Pumping station to screen.
- Rotary drum sieve with perforated mesh of 1mm.
- Tank for homogenization and flow regulation.
- Advanced primary treatment by means of dissolved air flotation unit (DAF) with coagulation-flocculation and pH control in tubular reactor.
- Pumping station to biological or secondary treatment.
- Secondary treatment for organic matter removal composed of aerobic chamber and two membrane bioreactors (MBR). System of ultrafiltration membranes combines filtration, aeration and clarification features. Likewise, this is compact and modular system can be extended quickly and easily by using additional cartridges if a large flow of water should be treated.
- Other important advantage of MBR treatment is the possibility of obtaining water of better quality suitable for reusing. This water meets strict environmental standards.
- And finally, the dehydration of sludge treatment consisting of a tank with an agitator for conditioning of sludge, pneumatic pump, proportioning hopper for lime and automatic filter press.
The last installation of a Salher water treatment plant has been for a leading dairy industry in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. With the help of its habitual partner in the area, Epureau Côte d'Ivoire,...
Circular economy, climate emergency, sustainability. Over the last few months, these concepts fill the pages of the mainstream media and are studied in universities around the world. In an...
Salher has successfully launched a sewage treatment plant for a liquid waste management plant of industrial origin in northern Spain. This new WWTP is designed to treat an average flow of 150...
Designed and developed to meet all the requirements in water treatments.
Project and Design
Engineering development and projects management.
Production of GFRP, polypropylene and steel equipment.
Assembly of modular equipment and integration in civil works.
Selection of equipment and instrumentation to provide an integral water treatment solution.
Technical assistance in the electromechanical and electrical assembly of every water treatment plant.
Post-installation control service by a qualified technical staff.
Courses & documentary support
Practical training and delivery of manuals of operation, commissioning and maintenance.
Carrera Toledana, 33. Arganda del Rey. Madrid 28500. Spain.
+34 91 870 00 15
Spain / +34 91 870 00 15
France / +33 1 84 16 47 84
Malaysia / +60 102 452 108
Mexico / +52 55 5081 8437
Peru / +51 620 0722
Poland / +48 22 737 24 95
Portugal / +351 234 795 821
Paraguay / +595 981 252 845
Philippines / +63 (0) 977 215 4199
Engineering – Wastewater treatment – Purification – Liquid/solids separation equipment for industrial and municipal process applications – Surface water – Groundwater – Water Reuse – Drinking Water – Hydrocarbon and Oil Water Separation